Bike Walk GoldenMission Statement:
To advocate for all people in Golden having access to key community destinations on streets and pathways that are safe for those from ages 8 to 80.
To be a community that is walkable, bikeable, and accessible to all.
How can you help?
We are super grateful to our volunteers
that helped make all of our successes possible!Happy 2024!
The snow is still falling, but Bike Walk Golden is
still working on improving biking and walking on the
40-miles of shared pathways in Golden.If you're looking to get involved this year,
here are some events we'll be part of this summer:
• May 8th 7 to 9 AM - Shelton Elementary Bike to School Day
• May 18th 8:30 AM to 1 PM Clear Creek trail "Talk with Trail Users"
• May 28th Golden Bike Cruise 13th and Arapahoe 5:30 to 7:30 PM
• June 25th Golden Bike Cruise 13th and Arapahoe 5:30 to 7:30 PM
• June 28th 7 to 9 AM – Bike to Work Day Vanover Park
• and more!We often hear from citizen how much safer they feel crossing streets in town, thanks to the implementation of the 2023 Bike & Pedestrian Master Plan, :
additional marked crossing for pedestrians,
more bike racks to secure your bike,
and new STOP signs at busy intersections downtown.Want to get involved?
Throughout the year we need volunteers to keep things running.
Your involvement is appreciated whenever you are available
- you don't have to attend every meeting,
but if you are interested, please contact us for details.Year round volunteer options include:
* attend a Golden Mobility and Transportation Board (MTAB)
meetings on the 4th Thursday of the month, 6pm in City Council Chambers.
* attend a Bike Jeffco zoom meeting.Bike Walk Golden is a 501 (c) 3 organization
What We're Reading
Objectives: work with City of Golden staff advocating to:
- Offer safe biking options:
* with lanes separated from cars, or*
* with cars if the travel speed is 18 mph or less*- Offer safe crossing for bikes and pedestrians that meet the needs
of an 8 year old, or an 80 year old- Create a new east/west bike/ped connection that is an
alternative to the clear creek corridor- Create welcoming streets for walking and biking- Create a safe and happy city that prioritizes people’s well-being
and enhances the small town feel that makes Golden
so special to residents and visitors